Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer
in Stavanger - Norway Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is responsible for project deliveries for the duration of the project. Project complexity will vary, and the employee will likely find themselves involved in a number of projects at any given time. The employee will be working closely with both external clients, and internal resources, to identify the best solution for well completion equipment, as well as planning for the installation operations offshore. Products might include down hole valves, packers, fiber optic/electronic monitoring, gas-lift, chemical injection, sand screens, barrier valves/sleeves/plugs, etc. In conjuction with the procurement and operations group, the employee will look at re-locating and/or sourcing necessary equipment for each well. The employee will be responsible for ensuring flawless execution of the installation offshore, which involves proper planning with procurement, product lines, workshop, logistics, and offshore crew.
Using our operations management system, the employee will be responsible for maintaining operations dates, revenue forecasts, and budgets. Once the well has been installed, the employee will ensure that the proper end-of-well report is finalized, and that our performance and tracking system is updated. In addition, lessons leaned, improvement suggestions, and business opportunities should be actioned.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Operations planning of projects
- Clients contact for specific projects
- Ensure project forecasts and budgets are up to date
- Prepare work orders for workshop
- Prepare necessary offshore documentation, and brief offshore crew prior to installation
- End-of-well reporting
- Ensure Weatherford Performance Tracking system is updated with new jobs
- Identify business opportunities and pursue these liasing with technical sales
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level
- Perform various fother duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Relevant Bachelor or Master degree
- Minimum 4-5 years industry experience, preferably in completion or reservor monitoring
- Extensive relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal background
- Offshore experience is preferred
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, J.D. Edwards, Weatherford RMS/nform)
- Knowledge of Weatherford's product portofolio
- Good communication skills both written and verbal - Norwegian and English
- Ability to use diplomatic skills in dealing with the company and outside customer personnel
- Should be able to work closely with internal and external customers.