Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The Production Optimization Engineer will be our local technical resource responsible for our production optimization portfolio, equipment developments, and qualification/validation testing to industry/Client standards. One key area that the employee will be responsible for is for Weatherford's downhole monitoring solutions, with specific focus on top side components, and delivering the associated data output to the Client.
The employee will be liaising with Clients for new installations, as well as modifications, upgrades, and troubleshooting of their existing systems. The employee will be working closely with our project/operations engineers, technical sales representatives, and our global product lines to ensure robust monitoring systems that brings value to the Client.
We currently have several ongoing projects which will require the employee's attention - by working with our technical sales representatives, the employee will help to introduce new production optimization technologies, products, and services to both new and existing customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:Technical responsible for products within production optimization portfolio
- Responsible for reservoir monitoring top side equipment and data handoff to Client
- Work with product lines to identify key products to qualify or develop for the Norwegian market
- Work with operations group to select best for well equipment
- Align with technical sales group to target sales opportunities and present our products/solutions to Clients
- Investigate incidents and implement corrective and preventative actions in case of failures.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering
- Strong understanding of IT hardware, data hand off protocols etc.
- Strong operational understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge about relevant NORSOK standards, and client requirements (ie Equinor TR's etc)
- Technical knowledge of upper/lower completion products
- Minimum 5 years industry experience, preferably in Completion
- Extensive relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal background
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, J.D. Edwards, Weatherford RMS/nForm).