Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Indonesia
Summary of Position
Provides technical support to the Corporate HSE function through the development of HSE standards and systems and facilitates the integration of HSE & Management system principles by supporting accountable managers.
- Minimum of two years in a similar HSE or management systems advisory role.
- Five to ten years of previous experience with a major oil company.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree and Technical Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- K3 Migas and NEBOSH Certification.
- Offshore survival and medical certificates as mandated by government regulations.
- Proficient in the Bahasa Indonesia & English languages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of strategic planning principles, technical application of business planning tools and new applications of proven technology.
- The company HSE Management System is fit for purpose for the region.
- Effective communication of minimum corporate HSE standards.
- Effective compliance with minimum corporate HSE standards.
- Coaching and facilitation of the HSE-MS in the business regions and the Capital Projects group.
- Ensure the Health, Safety & Environment of the company for the protection and safety of its employees.
- Ensure that outcomes meet defined expectations consistently and repeatedly.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Ability to run data analytic reports using company tools and software, be able to associate that data to create corrective action plans and strategies in place to reduce risk.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Detailed knowledge of incident analysis and root cause techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality, Management and Environmental Systems and the auditing of same
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
- Working knowledge in the development and implementation of occupational health/wellness programs within the Exploration & Production (E&P) industry.
Minimum Requirements for all Valaris positions
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Available and willingness to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Committed to a high standard of safety and will and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules. Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer's sole discretion.
- PC proficiency required. Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office software suite version.
- Perform duties onsite, except those job duties which are customarily or by their nature performed offsite (such as off-site meetings with customers at their request or for marketing purposes, making deliveries to designated destinations, travelling to field offices to meet with superiors/peers/subordinates or attend/conduct training, etc).
- Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects.
Valaris is constantly looking for new talent! Are you looking for your next opportunity? If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please apply today.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview appointments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Valaris was created by the combination of two leading offshore drillers with decades of experience and knowledge to create the most capable, effective and highest performing offshore drilling service company in the world. We provide drilling services across all water depths with unmatched scale, geographic presence and customer relationships.
Our diverse rig fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships, versatile semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is capable of meeting a wide spectrum of customers’ well program requirements. Our rig fleet is among the most technologically advanced in the industry and our well-trained crews perform at the highest levels in the most challenging offshore environments.
Our customers include many of the largest offshore exploration and production companies including major integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With an unwavering focus on safety and dedicated offshore and onshore employees, we provide innovative solutions and aim to deliver excellence to customers in everything that we do.