ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Manager located in UMCP College Park, MD. This position will manage and coordinate activities of plant maintenance personnel. Responsible for the maintenance of all equipment and machinery associated with plant production including the maintenance of buildings, grounds, and distribution equipment (including electric, steam, chilled water, and condensate return).
What you'll do:
- Leading the team of maintenance staff on site.
- Responsible for safe and efficient maintenance of plant equipment in accordance with plant procedures and equipment manufacturer's procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that a plant preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance program is being carried out for all plant equipment in accordance with vendor and industry standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment logs and reports are being maintained.
- Responsible for informing the Plant Manager and/or Operations Manager in the event any equipment is unable to support plant operations.
- Responsible for the planning and managing of maintenance work and that all overtime is necessary and controlled.
- Responsible for providing necessary training for all personnel to ensure that they are knowledgeable of their duties, equipment maintenance procedures, and plant safety practices.
- Responsible for logging, prioritizing, and assigning work requests to the plant maintenance staff to repair equipment as needed.
- Responsible for procuring and coordinating the necessary service, material, and other support items to ensure that plant maintenance and performance commitments are met.
- Present engineering and economic analysis, plans and recommendations to plant staff, management, directors and customers.
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent, and five (5) or more years of relevant experience or High School Diploma (required) plus a technical certificate plus ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Five (5) years of experience supervising technical, maintenance and/or operations personnel.
- Must have demonstrated technical ability in the operation and maintenance of systems.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of power generation, steam and chilled water equipment and technology.
- Thorough knowledge of all plant systems and understanding of process diagrams, simple electrical diagrams, and operating instructions.
- Extensive knowledge in the installation of mechanical and electrical equipment in a generating station.
- Extensive knowledge of steam production and chilled water facilities.
- Ability to use analytical judgment to plan and perform diversified work, making decisions within prescribed limitations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and take direction from others.
- Ability to work overtime, as well as, any schedule including nights and weekends.
- Working knowledge of ASME Boiler and Power Piping codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of electrical maintenance and NETA testing standards of plant electrical distribution systems.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel and use tools. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, and heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 14, 2021