Learn morePosition Specific Description
The Agile Leader (Technical) will be responsible for developing and managing Business Intelligence solutions for FPL Solutions Office. This role works closely with, and will have full exposure to all areas and levels of the business. The Agile Leader performs a variety of duties, without limitation, to identify the most impactful way for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Highly Desired Experience:
- Collaborate with the Subject Matter Experts and the key stakeholders to perform operational analysis of the reporting and analytical needs; analyze the data requirements and translate them into report specifications. Able to anticipate the needs/requirements and offer alternative solutions.
- Solve problems and independently develop high quality solutions by combining knowledge of programming, data modeling and statistics with skillful communication, analytical thinking, presentation and relationship building.
- Write reports and extracts for a wide variety of business intelligence and operational data warehouse projects; align the data with the operational needs to prompt actionable decisions.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Follow IT processes and best practices for successful implementation and maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions
- 3-5 years of Business Intelligence or related technical experience required
- 1-3 years of professional experience in retail or related industry preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence solutions (Qlik, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) required
- Experience with Data Warehouse and ETL solutions (Cloud-Based a plus) required
- Experience with programming / scripting (SQL, Python, R, etc.) required
- Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience with Agile Delivery methodologies preferred
- Experience with AWS Cloud Platforms beneficial
- Proficient in Sharepoint (i.e. sites, slides, drive, docs, sheets)
This position guides teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value. Employees in this role train and coach in the use of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, and scale agile framework practices.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains and coaches leaders, teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Contributes in Communities of Practice (CoP), within the agile network
- Promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings across several different onsite and distributed delivery teams
- Prepares program and release backlogs, as well as team and program objectives
- Tracks, promotes, and publishes completed program features and program and team objectives
- Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, and drives the use of agile engineering best practices and innovation
- Reports on standardized program-level metrics, and understands, tracks, and operates within the program budget
- Plays an instrumental role in the organization's Agile transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: