Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Advisor with extensive experience in the specialty chemicals industry.
ERECTION TECHNICAL ADVISOR TASKS:
- Assist with the checking of WOOD materials and equipment supplied for the project and solving client doubts and questions about them. Clarify any deviations found out and assist the client in follow up to resolve any deficiencies.
- Assist the client in following up with the WOOD about any components that are missing from packing lists.
- Advise the client to ensure that the storage requirements for materials and equipment are appropriate. Identify any deviations.
- To provide assistance with the interpretation of any engineering drawings that are provided by WOOD for erection.
- Assist the client in following up with any technical issues with supplied WOOD engineering documentation and with supplied materials and equipments.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the client in relation to erection and installation of materials and equipment in WOOD scope of supply.
- Advice the client to ensure that components are installed in accordance with WOOD and WOOD sub-suppliers requirements.
- Advise if WOOD materials, equipment, devices etc. are not installed in accordance project requirements.
- Advise in written format of any incidences or non-conformances in erection of WOOD scope of supply.
- Advise the client about the erection protocols to be performed and issue by erector in order to confirm the correct erection of a material or equipment.
- Participate in site walk down and punch listing activities prior to the completion of erection.
Skills / Qualifications
- Industrial Engineer degree.
- Quality control and NDTs solid knowledge. Applicable Standards:
- ASME I and B31.1
- ASTM & AWS
- Solid knowledge in Power Generation and auxiliary machinery.
- Microsoft Office
- English language.
- Additional recommended for KEKELI project: French language.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in similar erection TA role and/or erection manager role.
- Experience details should be provided in the application CV, including project description.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.