Roles and Responsibilities
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in Civil or Structural Engineering strongly preferred (Louisiana PE not specifically required)
- 10 Years engineering experience including collaborations and oversight of engineering teams
- Experience in engineering and design of structural steel for equipment and buildings, equipment foundations, structural metal fabrication
- Experience with hard asset manufacturing environment, chemical, oil & gas, cement, paper, etc.
- Experience with construction and equipment installation in chemical/oil & gas/cement/paper manufacturing plants is desired
- Experience with manufacturing mechanical equipment inspection, installation is desired
- High level of proficiency with project controls (cost and schedule) programs
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Project Engineer will be as follows
- Oversight of FEED Engineer
- Work with the project team and FEED Engineer team to ensure coordination of technical and schedule information
- Technical review the Civil and Structural drawings and specification generated by FEED Engineer and FEED Engineer subcontractor (ducts)
- Review equipment vendor documentation and drawings (structural steel, foundation loading, general steel fabrication)
- Ensure foundation design and specifications match with the site survey and matches equipment vendor specifications
- Verify compliance with codes and that Louisiana stamping requirements are met
- Guide and direct FEED Engineer and FEED Engineer's subcontractors to identify where they over/under design
- Review and ensure completeness of the EPC design package before release for bids.
- Participate in the review and conditioning of the EPC bids, assist in preparing the technical bid tab
- Interview EPC team vendors (specifically proposed CSA team members)
- Participate in constructability studies and provide inputs
- Prepare documentation and participate in all process safety management aspects, including MOC, PHA, and PSSR
- During Phase 4/5, assist with detailed design and construction
- During construction, participate in construction safety inspections.
- During construction, participate in generation of construction punch lists.
- During startup and commissioning, support the Commissioning Manager with technical assistance as required.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.