Skills: Warehouse Person, Heavy Machinery Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Forklift Operator with experience in industrial construction.
- Experienced Forklift Operator with knowledge and skills to operate an "LULL" extended boom forklift
- New construction
- Move, loads and unload materials
- Responsible for safety, equipment inspections and possibly assisting with repairs
- Be expected to assist other crafts in their down times which may include non-operating activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2 to 5 Years
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience as an Industrial Forklift Operator "LULL" (extended boom)
- Will be required to have a valid driver's license and meet a motor vehicle records check
- Will be responsible for all safety aspects of operating equipment
- Must have knowledge and experience in operating RT forklifts
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge to inspect equipment
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Must follow all safety regulations
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions while wearing appropriate PPE
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.