Skills: Civil Construction, Laborer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Civil Laborer with proven solar experience for the Chatham, Virginia Solar Site.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Perform SWPP duties, such as site clean up and trash removal
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment
- Performs other duties as required
Skills / Qualifications
Previous construciton experience for outdoor project(s) is needed.
- May be required to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- May be required to consistently to work 6 or 7 days up to 12 hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying extreme temperatures and conditions (high humidity and direct sunlight)
- Must be able to adequately hear and resond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and colar discrimination consistent with that required to work on uneven surfaces
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.