Skills: Civil Construction, Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Wood is recruiting for Civil Journeymen with construction experience in Chatham, VA. Our Solar Construction group is experiencing tremendous growth ! Other projects to follow. We offer outstanding benefits, good pay, and career opportunities.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Solar experience is a plus. Working closely with Foreman, Superintendent, and Electrician Helpers.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment
- Performs other duties as required
- Previous construction experience for outdoor project(s) is needed
Skills / Qualifications
Working with hand tools
Education, Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations (desirable)
Work Environment: Wet or humid conditions, Outdoor weather conditions, Cold, Extreme heat, Risk of electrical shock
OSHA 10 verified certification is preferred
P hysical Requirements
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- May be required consistently to work 12-hour shifts performing construction-based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance ladders
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job-related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.