Skills: Civil Engineering, Physicist, Environmental Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilent Environments is seeking a junior level scientist/engineer with an interest in metrology relative to air quality modeling to jpin our team in Durham, NC.Key responsibilities will include providing support to the Durham, NC, Environmental Compliance Branch's daily operations and staff members with air quality dispersion modeling-related projects. Specific tasks will include preparing, analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing technical data for reports, presentations, and model testing/evaluation, writing technical memorandums and reports, and conducting and/or modifying atmospheric dispersion models as well as c onducting engineering, scientific and routine calculations and assisting in proposal writing.
Skills / Qualifications
- Recent master's or bachelor's degree in science or engineering (environmental engineering, civil engineering, environmental science, atmospheric science, physics, or similar field)
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and switch gears quickly
- Ability to work with or without extensive oversight
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory or scientific information to clients
- Careful attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment
- Strong technical writing and verbal communications skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and excellent spreadsheet skills.
- I n-depth knowledge of mathematical programing language such as R and/or MATLAB.
- In-depth knowledge of Fortran (95 or later)
- Familiarity with air quality models such as dispersion, puff, and regional models
- Knowledge of meteorological requirements for air quality models.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.