Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Senior Associate Geotechnical Engineer
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Los Angeles Geotechnical practice which includes large, interesting and complex geotechnical and earthquake engineering projects. This opportunity offers a wide range of technical and business challenges, requiring that the candidate be well-rounded and results-oriented.
- The successful candidate will complement our existing geotechnical and earthquake engineering team to manage existing clients, provide technical guidance, and mentor junior staff.
Skills / Qualifications
• MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Earthquake Engineering
• 10+ years of related experience with a consulting engineering firm and knowledge of geotechnical and earthquake engineering practices
• Track record of developing and maintaining client relationships
• Experience in preparing proposals for new work. Experience in developing new business is a plus
• Experience with large geotechnical and earthquake engineering projects. GE in California is required
• Experience in successful leadership of diverse project teams. Must be able to influence and lead team members (both those with direct reporting relationships and those who report to others)
• Experience with geotechnical investigation, evaluation, recommendations and construction
• Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail with track record of high quality work products
• Demonstrated performance of independent analysis and demonstrated strong problem-solving and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills and experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
• Strong personal safety awareness
• Must pass pre-employment drug test, physical and background check
• Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.