Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Laborer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bryan, Texas, United States
Wood is currently seeking Entry Level General Laborer's for a manufacturing plant to work nights in Bryan/College Station, TX
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various janitorial/housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion
- May be required consistently to work 12 hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds and steel framework
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.