Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Commercial Management, Civil Construction
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.Oklahoma CityOklahoma
SUMMARY: Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.
Zoning Project Coordinator (ZPC) will report to the report writer or Lead Project Manager assigned to zoning. The ZPC will gather all required documents from municipalities and complete zoning compliance reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Communicates with municipalities via phone/email/fax/mail to request the required documents and information.
- Reviews and understands municipal documents.
- Follows up on missing documents and other required information; reviews and interprets municipal zoning codes.
- Completes zoning compliance reports using a zoning template.
- Tracks and logs all communications, documents received, and all fees involved.
- Follows up with the municipality to ensure requested documents are received and responded too in a timely manner.
- Confirms all reports are on time and communicates any variance in the timeline to the PM or report writer.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates BV's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of BV's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
This job does not have specific supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; 1 to 3 years of related administrative project coordinator experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Not required.
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to complete detailed reports with accuracy are required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and to perform in a team setting.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with BV employees and customers
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in Excel
- Ability to work in OK office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO/AAE: BV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. BV is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. BV values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. BV is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected Veterans. Questions: Jennifer Dodson, 800-733-0660.
Please understand that this offer does not create a contract of employment for a definite term or a contract of continuing employment. BV is an at-will employer and either party can terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.