Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.Owings MillsMaryland
SUMMARY: Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.
Responsibilities include serving as technical reviewer for PCA and PCE reports. Communicates with, and provides feedback on quality of reports to assigned Field Observers. Monitors, prioritizes, and tracks work progress and provides quality control reviews and technical editing of A&E reports generated. Provides direct data to the Senior Engineering Consultant (SEC) named on the report being reviewed and this data will include assessment of the property in the report and also address other governing parameters provided by the SEC or the Department Director. Is knowledgeable in the protocols of clients. Is able to coach, instruct and provide direction for PMs in the use and application of department masters. Provides "redlined" versions of reports to PMs when the report submitted requires changes or improvements that should have been completed by the PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Reviews and makes changes as necessary to assigned project reports, including completing the cross checks for combo projects. Reviews and evaluates project manager (PM) work and progress, and identifies and resolves problems in reports. Provides technical direction and guidance to Field Observers. Provides "redlined" versions of reports to PMs when the report submitted requires changes or improvements that should have been completed by the PM. Participates in providing quality data to PMs to identify the improvements necessary for their reports so that PM performance in report writing and data collection continues to improve. Evaluates and interprets reports to characterize property conditions identified in projects
- Reviews and technically edits reports to ensure 100% accuracy, completeness and quality. Prepares report for on-time delivery to client with accompanying correspondence. Ensures that reports are reviewed and submitted to client delivery in advance of the due to client date.
- Communicates with SEC regarding quality of reports, issues that should be brought to a client's attention in advance of the client receiving the report. Provide accurate data regarding the attributes and parameters of the report prior to submitting the report to be sent to the client. Authorizes shipment/transmittal of completed reports to client.
- Actively participates in portfolios including review of reports for portfolio properties, assisting in creating protocols in Volution and also participates in development of protocol checklists.
- Acts as a back-up Technical Lead, providing guidance and technical direction for assigned regional clients and protocols when the lead SEC is not available to perform this work.
- Meets the job requirements and performs duties of Field Observer, A&E Services as needed.
- Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Upholds industry and company standards by providing guidance on technical issues.
- Maintains open communication with management and staff regarding departmental and operational matters.
- Assists in recruiting, orientating and training employees.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates BV's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of BV's quality standards.
- Protects operations by keeping information and plans confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Ability to work from remote location.
The Technical Report Reviewer has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a related field preferred; minimum of an Associates degree from a college or university in related field; minimum of 5 years experience managing projects and staff plus 3 years field experience in construction, renovation, and/or evaluation of building conditions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current professional registration as a "Registered Architect" or "Professional Engineer" preferred; Valid driver's license is required; Personal credit sufficient to charge business travel expenses of up to $3,000 required.
Available for travel; Excellent verbal and written communications; Excellent time management skills including ability to perform multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and ability to work independently. Excellent computer skills. Must have experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO/AAE: BV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. BV is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. BV values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. BV is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected Veterans. Questions: Jennifer Dodson, 800-733-0660.
Please understand that this offer does not create a contract of employment for a definite term or a contract of continuing employment. BV is an at-will employer and either party can terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.