Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Catering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Southport, England, United Kingdom
Your role as Technical Officer will see you perform application and technical reviews for food certification schemes. You will p rovide support to Scheme Managers in maintenance of the scheme such as auditor approvals and specific scheme projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform application reviews and calculate audit duration in accordance with scheme audit duration matrices
- To undertake the independent technical review for multiple standards, prioritising reviews to reduce the likelihood of certificates expiring and meet scheme owner and BV internal KPI's
- Liaise with auditors and shared service centre (SSC) on specific errors on reports and promote fast resolution of issues
- Understanding, operating and updating of procedures for accredited schemes in the BV Certification Management System (BMS) relevant to the post
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, areas of deviation and areas of best practice in compliance by BV food scheme auditors to the BMS and Certification decision process
- Provide support during internal, scheme owner and accreditation audits
- Project work
- Product recall investigation and management
- Non-compliance investigation and application of root cause analysis
- Develop working knowledge of BV databases such as CMX and associated tools, also scheme owner databases such as BRCGS Directory, ViaSyst and FSSC portal
- Keep up to date with scheme owner and internal technical updates and apply them as necessary
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Perform application reviews
- Perform technical reviews
- Robust certification decisions
- Prioritise workstreams to ensure KPIs are met
- Advise manager of work patterns
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years food industry or inspection experience (10 years if no degree in food or bioscience).
- Knowledge of one or more third party food certification schemes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional and highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in food or bio-science (or 10 years experience in food manufacture)
- Food certification scheme training e.g. BRCGS, FSSC or ISO 22k etc.
- HACCP training - minimum of 2 days
Potential to train as an internal auditor and or third party auditor for ISO 22k, FSSC or BRCGS schemes.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.