Learn morePosition Specific Description
At NextEra Energy, we are investing heavily in AI/ML efforts and enterprise data platform. We are looking for a senior program manager to lead several strategic AI/ML projects to optimize the business operation excellence in Power Delivery from Image Detection, Outage prediction, to Storm Damage Forecast and Resource Optimization. In this role, the candidate will lead a few agile teams and partner business product owners, data scientists and technical architects to offer the best solution delivery. The ideal candidate shall have seasonal Agile project/program management skill who enjoys innovative AI digital technology solution and business transformation. The candidate shall also be comfortable with big data strategy and cloud technologies. The candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the AI & data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
You will be adding value by project manage multiple agile teams, which consists of developers, data scientists, BA and architects to deliver software development cycle in particular AI/ML and data technologies. You will use solutions-oriented approach and high work ethic, along with excellent communication and Agile program management skills, to partner with internal customers and teammates.
Preferred Specific Qualifications
- The position will partner with Power Delivery Smart Grid Innovation team and Reliability Operation team to strategize and drive IT efforts for AI/ML projects
- Keen to innovative digital solutions utilizing AI/ML technology
- Good at leading a team to develop and train machine learning models, optimization and other modeling solutions to solve business problems.
- A good understanding of Data Lake, Data Storage Architecture & Ecosystem leveraging AWS
- Comfortable with analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into areas related to power delivery systems.
- Comfortable to leverage and analyze internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate Scrum Ceremonies like sprint planning, daily stand-ups, retrospective and sprint demos
- Coach team members, external teams, Product Owners and Stakeholders on Agile practices
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Facilitate effective communications and collaboration among team members and across teams
- Assist the Product Owner in keeping the backlog refined
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Help manage dependencies among teams and third parties
- Excellent in business partnership and leadership skills
- 7+ years of experience in technology project/program management who attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- A strong Scrum master / Agile leader for multiple agile teams where team members are geographically diverse
- Scrum master or Agile certification with experience in Scrum and/or Kanban software support and development teams
- Experience with Big Data or AI initiatives
- Understands big data and cloud tools: AWS S3, S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Dynamo etc
- Understands object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- AWS hands on experience and AWS cloud architect or big data certification a plus
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets is a plus.
- Experience with utility power business is a plus
- Strong leadership skill with team management experience
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) desired
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
This position guides teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value. Employees in this role train and coach in the use of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, and scale agile framework practices.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains and coaches leaders, teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Contributes in Communities of Practice (CoP), within the agile network
- Promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings across several different onsite and distributed delivery teams
- Prepares program and release backlogs, as well as team and program objectives
- Tracks, promotes, and publishes completed program features and program and team objectives
- Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, and drives the use of agile engineering best practices and innovation
- Reports on standardized program-level metrics, and understands, tracks, and operates within the program budget
- Plays an instrumental role in the organization's Agile transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please submit online request using Ask HR4U, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-HR4U (4748). Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Power Systems, Energy