Skills: Business Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting a Business Development Manager. Due to the need for travel this role can be home based.
The Business Development Manager's primary role is to find and take advantage of new opportunities to grow Wood's business, in line with the global and BU strategic plans. This is a true entrepreneurial role and the successful candidate will have demonstrated 'rainmaker' skills in previous roles, passion and ability to capitalise on industry trends. Initially UK / Europe focussed, however the assigned region encompasses the EAAA region.
The main objective is the winning of new business and to support growth business targets including revenue / margin and client relationship development. Primary focus will be the development and management of the opportunity funnel that brings in multiple sectors / capabilities.
The individual will have significant knowledge around industrial automation technology, project delivery and digital solutions in our target markets - such as O&G / petrochemical, utilities (gas & water), infrastructure, nuclear, transportation, life sciences, power and mining.
The BDM will co-ordinate with other BDM's and execution centres across Wood as and when necessary to fully exploit opportunities, identifying the complementary skillsets / competence / relationships / cost bases which may be advantageous to employ to best position Wood to win the work.
Working with the Leadership teams, the BDM supports all positioning, business strategies, business development, acquisition pursuits, key customer management and proposal activities and ensures they are consistent with Wood's processes, procedures, strategic plan and business goals.
The role ensures Wood is aligned and well 'positioned' to nurture new/existing client relationships;
- Provide input to and deliver effective strategies to gain new business
- Define new market entry requirements and win propositions, developing a clear route map to successful pre - qualification and bid submissions and communicate clearly to pursuit and proposal teams
- Provide input to execution plans, including information and intelligence on customer needs, detailing views and opinions on the competitor landscape in order to develop compelling propositions to enhance the success of business winning
- Progress the processing of customer enquiries, prequalification compilations and bid submissions for clients and projects
- Work closely with other internal departments to ensure the needs of the client are fulfilled in a timely manner and any issues resolved
- Inform Leadership of market conditions, competitors, relationship status and collaborative opportunities
- Develop, maintain and broaden good business relationship with existing and prospective clients
- Ensure Compliance with the Business Ethics Policy, Risk Assessments and Internal Audit requirements, embracing a culture of compliance within the business
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor level degree in a technical field or substantial career success
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools, Word / Excel / PowerPoint
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A full understanding of business development in our markets of operation
- Full knowledge of OEM solutions and their application to the automation market
- MAC stratgey and execution knowledge
- Strong delivery / projects knowledge and how to sell them
- Technology literate of current trends - digital, cyber, analytics etc
- Experienced with the key concepts of HSE leadership & commitment
- Preferable to have international operations experience
- High commercial and contracts acumen
- Experience in negotiating and commercialising contracts
- Experience in dealing with changing deadlines, enquiries and related pressures, reprioritisations or trade-offs
- International market related business development experience of related projects
- Experience in a proposal's development role would be advantageous
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.