Skills: Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor, Electrical Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor to join our team in PNG. This role is responsible for the electrical and instrumentation maintenance delivery on site to a quality standard that enables contract maintenance obligations and key performance indicators to be reached and maintained.
- Instructing the work crew on job scope and checking their work methods, output, punctuality, and job progress
- Implementing and maintaining a safe working environment adhering to correct work practices and procedures
- Responsible for base discipline site construction activities and ensure safe and efficient execution of tasks
- Plans and organise work activities, in line with project schedules, in a timely manner to ensure information, materials, tools and equipment are available to avoid minimal disruption to workforce
- Leads daily toolbox talks with site labour at the beginning of each day.
- Responsible for accurate site progress reporting, ensuring accurate capture of direct and non-productive man hours
- Responsible for creating the necessary permits and risk assessments for work activities.
- Ensures the quality of the drawing as builds, timely certification sign off and close out of work packs
- Ensure material, tools and equipment are fit for purpose, checked and certified prior to use.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 years' minimum experience in Electrical in a plant maintenance or construction complex associated with the Oil and Gas Industry
- Demonstrated proficiency as a Supervisor / Labor Foreman with a minimum of 4 years in a work crew supervisory role
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Mobile and willing to spend time away from office location as and when required
- Proven experience in construction supervision / Crew leader roles
- IT literate in all major software packages [word / excel / power point / outlook etc]
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral.
At this time only PNG National candidates will be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced E&I Supervisor ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Wood team. You will become a part of a strong, global company. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it. That's the world of Wood, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.