The Staff Accountant will primarily perform the following activities:
- conduct moderately complex accounting activities relating to the generation of a complete general ledger;
- ensure Account Payable activity including the timely and accurate processing of booking and invoicing, completion of payments;
- verify, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records;
- perform intercompany reconciliation and netting. Assist with month end activities and maintain general accounts reconciliation.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform Account Payable activity including timely and accurate booking and processing of invoicing, completion of payments, verify, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable transactions to journal ledgers.
- Preparation and management of daily open AR report provided to management in support of identifying overdue customers
- Verify customer and vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions (particular attention to intercompany reconciliation activities). Resolve intercompany mismatches in a timely manner
- Pulls data from SAP system and perform analysis on costs and cost centers in order to monitor G&A costs and manage G&A contracts
- Manage intercompany service agreement monthly invoices to accuracy of data and timely approval
- Assist with month end activities tasks (bank reconciliations, GRIR, G&A analysis, and other tasks upon requested)
- Perform general ledgers reconciliation, ensure all items are reconciled, resolve unreconciled and open items in the timely manner
- Prepare AR/AP netting analysis in support of quarterly group reporting and SOX Controls.
- Compile and coordinate monthly reporting of KPI's to SOX administrator
- Other requests and duties as assigned, such as census bureau reporting, annual 1099 tax reporting, etc.
Assist with special projects as assigned. Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licences, Registrations
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or closely related field
- Billing Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounts receivable/payable related position and general accounting
- General knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to propose process improvement to produce efficiency pertaining to job functions
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Ability to learn in-house database programs
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to multi-task
- Acute attention to detail executed with minimal error margin
- Experience using SAP
- Experience in oil/gas, trading is a plus
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.