Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Decatur, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Mowing Operator in Decatur/Bridgeport, TX
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- The Mowing Operators will be responsible for mowing and weed eating on specified field operations locations using company-owned mowing equipment. The Maintenance Foreman will provide the Mowing Operators with direct supervision and a daily and weekly work schedule with locations requiring mowing clearly identified.
- The Mowing Operators will be expected to follow all company health, safety, environmental and regulatory policies and practices, and provide good stewardship for company-owned equipment.
- The Mowing Operators will be responsible for performing routine maintenance and minor repairs of company-owned mowing equipment, and for immediately notifying the Maintenance Foreman of any required major repairs to company-owned mowing equipment.
- The Mowing Operators will be responsible for moving the company-owned mowing equipment to and from each work location, driving between work locations, unloading and loading equipment onto the company-owned trailer, and returning mowing equipment to warehouse and yard complex at the end of each workday.
- When weather or other conditions prevent mowing operations, the Mowing Operators will be expected to perform other tasks as selected and assigned by the Maintenance Foreman
- The Mowing Operators will always follow requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE), including: FRC pants and shirts, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses, hard hats and hearing protection.
Skills / Qualifications
- The Mowing Operators should have a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 + years of experience in the commercial mowing and/or landscaping business.
- The Mowing Operators should have experience operating mowing equipment similar or equivalent to the company-owned equipment: 40 hp tractor with brush hog and loader attachments, 48" stand-on mower, various weed eating equipment.
- The Mowing Operators must have a valid Texas driver's license and a driver safety record consistent with Vehicle and Driving Policy.
- The positions are in Bridgeport, TX
- The Mowing Operator positions are seasonal and correspond to the seasons when grass and weeds are actively growing.
- These roles will report directly to the Maintenance Foreman
- Impeccable integrity and commitment to performing work in a manner that meets quality expectations
- Values lower cost and efficient operations; openly shares ideas about improving efficiency and reducing costs with supervisor
- Takes direction and works diligently to complete assigned work according to schedule; notifies supervisor of any delays to completing assigned work so that supervisor can identify other resources to complete work if necessary
- Immediately notifies supervisor of any unsafe equipment or conditions at work locations; understands that he/she has the right and obligation to Stop Work if unsafe conditions are observed
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.