Skills: Control Room Operations
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for a Central Control Room Operator, for a new build offshore FPSO project located in the East Mediterranean.
We are supporting the development of an offshore field to support bringing gas to the market by 2021. The development of the fields shall be undertaken using a new-build, spread-moored gas FPSO unit to process gas and associated liquids from subsea wells. Dry pipeline spec gas will be produced and piped through a gas export line to an onshore facility while the recoverable liquids will be tandem offloaded into tankers from the FPSO. The final subsea infrastructure will include three development wells.
The project will support with the preparation, start up and subsequent operation and maintenance of the deepwater gas development.
The position will initially be based in Singapore with ad hoc travel or rotational to East Mediterranean until 2021.
The Control Room Operator will required to work well under pressure, adjust quickly to changes and also must remain flexible and productive in times of continuing change and high stress. They should also be good analytical thinkers, able to gather data, determine and take a course of action after identifying possible consequences.
Also responsible for monitoring and operating all equipment within the Central Control Room (CCR) and carrying out external communications. Manage operations and maintenance work activity safely, in accordance with stated requirements and control of work system and provide accurate reporting and recording of work activity and findings.
- Reporting to the Operation Team Lead (OTL) the role primarily is assisting the Production Supervisor and Production Assistant in the safe and efficient daily operation of the platform.
- Review the equipment installation and monitor the operation of Alarm Systems, Cargo Operation, Ballast Operation, Fiscal Metering Skid, VOC Plant Operation and Power Management, also Engine Room Systems & Alarms.
- Actively participating in embedding Energean values and culture into the team and identifying any areas that are deficient so that improvements can be made.
- Working with project teams as part of the system walk downs, punch listing and handover.
- On site walk through and dry runs of the system operating manuals to make sure that they are fit for purpose and accurate.
- Active participation in the HSEQ monitoring programs and highlighting of potential risk areas to Energean.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Manage and supervise direct reports: Apprentice / Associate Technician / Technician.
- Provide input to the performance management of direct reports.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve, and escalate operation and safety issues.
- Identification and ratification of operating consumables that are required and planning suitable storage locations on board.
- As a member of a busy team, actively assist with additional projects as required or requested by supervisor
- On site assessment of the systems to ensure operability will be acceptable with and deficiencies identified in a timely manner to enable resolution or mitigation.
- Responsible for tracking and recording the status of the operational system using applicable journals and control system tools.
- Review operability and functionality of the ICSS as well as the ergonomics of the systems layout in CCR.
- Ongoing monitoring of the build quality and immediate highlighting to OTL of any identified shortfalls or omissions which could affect forward operations. Compilation of unofficial punch list items which will be shared with project team for resolution
- On site reviews of the equipment maintainability and assessment of equipment handling solutions to make sure that they are fit for purpose
- Participation in ensuring that preservation activities are completed to a high standard to make sure that equipment is ready to operate when on location with minimal delay
- Identify and recommend changes to improve overall plant reliability, performance and output.
- Verify that all safety related equipment is installed correctly and has the correct settings.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant expectations of the Operations Excellence Framework (OEF) and management systems providing feedback for continuous improvement. Coach direct reports in the same.
- Adhere to plant operational procedures for production goal achievement and handle work safely.
- Participate in audit, technical and incident investigations as required.
- Adhere to and comply with performance standards for service delivery.
- Responsible to report and identify any abnormal operating and equipment conditions.
- Ensuring that gas and oil exports fulfil requirements as per specifications.
- Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information.
- Monitoring and control of the platform process, utility and safety systems from the central control room.
- Communication to process operators as required.
- Knowledge and understanding regarding UK Offshore Legislation, Vessel Stability, Offloading/Loading and Permit to Work systems, Major Accident Hazards, Helideck Procedures and Marine Procedures relevant to Shuttle Tanker Offloading and 500 metre Safety Zone is essential.
- Technically competent in own discipline and provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Deputise for line as delegated.
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems
- Deliver against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Input operational system status with applicable journals and control system tools.
- Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Responsible for monitoring the overall safety related to ESD and F&G systems.
- Monitor the operations of emissions control equipment and adjust it to meet State and Federal permits
- Analysing data and presenting findings in written reports
- Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff
- Gain awareness of system operating requirements and trends and suggest operating adjustment suggestions
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to Assistant Engineers / Trainee Technicians / Technicians.
- Execute assigned personal objectives.
- Management of vendors in the execution of operational delivery.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Identify and recommend changes to improve overall plant reliability, performance and output.
- Maintain appropriate records and documents and submit reports as required.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Daily reporting and administrative activities as required.
- Besides on-the-job training offshore, you will attend a number of courses which cover safety related as well as technical training.
- Operating vessel fixed and portable radio equipment including radio log and function test equipment.
- Must be trained and competent in Emergency Response and have excellent communication skills
- Monitoring ongoing work on the platform as far as related to safety and environmental issues.
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development, ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical training to at least HNC \ HND level or equivalent qualification.
- OPITO CRO Emergency Response certification.
- BOSIET / Medical / MIST Training.
- Emergency Response Team.
- Previous offshore oil and gas experience, preferably working on an FPSO.
- Excellent practical knowledge of process / systems plant and equipment relevant to the industry sector in own discipline area
- Experienced technician practice within an offshore production operation environment.
- Preferred experience with SIEMENS PCS7. ICSS.
- Knowledge of generating unit operation, engineering, or maintenance practices
- Trained and competent in Emergency Response.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.