Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Somerset, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
A Civil Engineer is required to support the Civils Team Lead. As part of a team, under the Team Lead, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for modifying and adapting the design received from the Back Office, substantiating the adapted design of the reinforced concrete structures on the Hinkley Point C project.
The Civil Engineer will be supported by a group of detailed designers. They work closely with the Client and the Clients Tier 1 Civils Contractor.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks.
As part of the Civil team, the engineer will assist in: -
• Modifying reinforced concrete structure designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes
• Maintaining the clients QA procedures in delivering the CW design
• Working and reviewing with the designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models modified
• Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures
• Liaising with colleagues in Edvance Paris (Malakoff) or Bristol
• Building layout teams
• Piping layout team
• Civils team (Paris & Bristol)
• Client (HPC Site)
Level of experience:
• Engineer/Chartered Engineer
• MS Office & Outlook
Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake
Note2: Based on our Client site Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week (Current remote working due to COVID-19)
Note3: Travel and Subsistence weekly allowance would be paid for this role (not paid if residing in the Bridgwater area)
Note4: Service Incentive - on completion of 12-month continuous service in post - there is a salary uplift of 5% paid
Note5: There is no parking available at HPC site. Free buses are supplied from either Bristol City Centre or from the Park & Ride facility located off the M5 Junction 23
Note6: Please provide travel plan undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover Letter with this application
Here's What You'll Need:
• Engineering with recognised civil engineering degree
• Engineer with a minimum of 2 years' experience
• Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structure
• Experience in design of concrete structure
• Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site
• Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Ability to identify continuous improvements
• Fluent in English - written & verbal
• Experience with on site design support
• Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
• Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
• French language skills - written & verbal
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.