Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Based in Chicago, the NICTD West Lake Corridor project is a $900M design-build program to design and construct an 8-mile electrified commuter rail extension to NICTD's existing system. Jacobs is the lead designer for this program and is a sub-consultant to the FH Paschen/Ragnar Benson construction Joint Venture that is the design-builder. The Jacobs Chicago design team is responsible for development of final design and construction documents for use by the construction joint venture.
The Deputy Design Manager and Chief Engineer (DDM) has overall responsibility for leadership in the overall technical design and provision of technical resources on the design team. The DDM also has the Design Manager's overall authority in the event the Design Manager is unavailable.
- Reports to the Design Manager
- Overall direction and supervision of all design work and design resources including: discipline leads, area managers, CAD manager, ProjectWise manager, and BIM manager
- Direction of work to ensure technically complete and compliant design submittals
- On schedule delivery of all technical packages to 'Pencil's Down' date to facilitate overall package delivery
- Comprehensive understanding of all project technical requirements; when required, responsible for interpreting project requirements and providing design direction to the design team
- Establish project standards for technical performance
- Full staffing of technical team with appropriate staff with required qualifications
- Through Discipline Leads, ensure performance of sub-consultants
- Coordination with FHP/RB JV. Jacobs' lead representative in TWG and Task Force meetings
- Ensure that all project processes are followed including quality, safety & security, and interface management
#BIAQualifications:What You'll Need:
BS Civil Engineering, or related
Professional Engineer (PE) with a technical background in a discipline applicable to the project
At least 15 to 20 years of experience on large, complex, linear transportation projects
Progressive experience on rail transportation projects
Proven experience managing multi-disciplined design teams on similar sized projects
Prior experience with FRA rail projects, and FRA process and procedures Ideally You'll Also Have:
Progressive experience with design-build delivery
Prior experience and relevant connections to NICTD