Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Principal Air Quality Consultant to be based in either our London, Knutsford, Reading, Bristol, Birmingham or Newcastle office.
The Air Quality Team has an established track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients in the UK and overseas.
Our team delivers a range of exciting and varied projects across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia. We work in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors including oil and gas, mining, water, government and transportation. There are opportunities to support our clients not only through EIA and planning related services but through standalone air quality projects including monitoring, due diligence, occupational exposure assessments, risk management, emissions monitoring, the drafting of good practice guidance, permitting and policy.
Due to the continuing success of our team and our growing expansion into international markets, we currently have a vacancy for a motivated, air quality professional with a proven track-record of successful delivery of Air Quality projects to key public and private sector clients with a focus on industrial air pollution control who wishes to advance their technical, project management and business development skills.
Skills / Qualifications
You will be providing technical inputs to air quality and carbon emissions inventories projects in the UK and overseas (overseas travels will be required). You will be required to:
- Manage air quality projects on a technical and financial basis.
- Carry out and manage industrial site inspections and audits.
- Carry out quality control on active projects as per ISO standards.
- Write and review reports.
- Lead on proposal and tender compilation for new work.
- Assist with the training and development of junior team members.
Take responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of staff reporting to you and working on your projects.
Skills / Experience
- Air emissions permitting.
- Air dispersion modelling experience using, e.g. CALPUFF and AERMOD/ADMS.
- Industrial emissions (inventory and measurement).
- Establishment and running of air monitoring networks.
- Business development and proposal writing.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports in English.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Minimum of eight years of experience.
- Experience of a consultancy environment.
- Knowledge and experience of programming languages.
- Experience of international work.
- Proven GIS advanced skills.
- Vehicle emissions testing.
- First degree in a relevant scientific subject and a postgraduate qualification in technology or engineering.
- Full member of the IAQM.
- Second degree related to industrial air pollution control.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.