Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Credit Controller - 12 month FTC
WORK WITH A GLOBAL LEADER
Do you have the strong character needed to succeed in credit control? Working with some of the biggest names around, Bureau Veritas offers a dynamic and exciting finance environment, with all the support you would expect from a global leader.
Put your skills to the test, applying your tenacity and expertise to achieve significant targets that reflect the size of our organisation. Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
TEAM PLAYER WITH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
Playing a vital part within a busy finance team, you will combine financial experience and understanding with the attributes needed to receive, process and chase timely payments.
- Collect payment from third party clients on an assigned ledger using Credit Collections tool GetPaid
- Manage the assigned debt ledger using varied techniques to improve the ageing profile and minimise the cost implications associated with bad debt provisions.
- Register invoice disputes in a timely fashion on the GetPaid Credit Collections tool.
- Host weekly conference calls with Operations and Administration teams regarding the resolution of disputed debts
- Manage all clients passed for legal collections action via the assigned firm of solicitors
- Report to Line Manager weekly regarding the current status of all large debtors along with ad-hoc reporting as required
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
HAVE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES?
Candidate requirements include:
- Previous experience of credit control, ideally managing business to business accounts
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of their own ledger
- Ability to establish good relationships and negotiate with clients in a firm and assertive manner.
- Microsoft Excel skills
Personal attributes include:
- Strong, resilient character
- Confident telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines
A GLOBAL LEADING ORGANISATION
A multi-faceted organisation operating across numerous sites to deliver a wide variety of solutions to clients, Bureau Veritas delivers Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
With more than 400,000 clients worldwide, we are a true global leader; helping to ensure the safety, quality and sustainability of parts, plant, properties and more. Our client list covers everyone from major retailers and petro-chemical companies, to global banks and international airports.
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.