Learn morePosition Specific Description
Our Gas Operations Division is seeking a Field Technician Ato join their team in Doral, FL. In this role you will support our field operations natural gas team. Prior pipefitting and natural gas industry experience strongly preferred.
We look forward to taking your career to the next level!Job Overview
Employees in this role are responsible for completing a variety of tasks associated with the installation, activation, deactivation, maintenance and inspection of gas meters and regulators. Individuals perform maintenance and repairs on customer appliances and other gas equipment. This job works a route to complete customer and compliance orders in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures and operator qualifications procedures.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to routine and emergency requests for gas services, leak repairs and atmospheric maintenance on meter sets
- Responds first to emergency calls, including off shift call outs and makes repairs on below ground pipes up to 5/8" in diameter
- Installs and maintains gas meters and performs service activation and deactivation
- Coordinates and performs complex valve operations, maintenance and inspection procedures on all above ground valves
- Conducts and documents investigations of customer premises in response to questionable gas consumption or issues
- Consults with customer regarding work performed and instructions on gas usage
- Provides timely and professional customer service by responding to service orders
- Observes all safety requirements and regulatory guidelines to ensure compliance
- Identifies abnormal operating conditions and takes appropriate corrective actions
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsEmployee Group:
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 2+ years
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
Florida City Gas
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market: