Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Site Based (Various)
Due to an anicipated increase in work, Wood Power Solutions UK have a requirement for a Project Manager with extensive experience in managing and delivering EHV Cable Projects.
Y ou will have substantial experience of running multi-million-pound projects safely to time and to budget and experience of working on National Grid, SSE, SPEN & similar Cabling transmission and distribution operators.
Purpose of the Role:
- Support the Director of Cabling and Estimating Team in developing and delivering tenders with the ultimate aim of securing Cabling Works
- Deliver awarded contracts safely, to time and budget
- Assist the Director of Cabling in establishing Wood Group as a leading EHV cabling services provider.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and submission of the technical, installation and programme elements of cabling tenders and then for the successful delivery and completion of any awarded schemes. Reporting to the Head of Cabling informing the Head of any issues , concerns with the foregoing.
- Assist in the preparation of win plans for strategic bids and tenders.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of an assigned projects to meet the key programme milestones. Provide support and preparation for the mobilisation of new projects.
- Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and estimate for each element of the project.
- Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC
- Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout.
- Prioritising the assignment of project resources and resolving conflicting requirements to actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery.
- Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams.
- Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and producing monthly reports
- Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter.
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the "Safety by Design" philosophy through the project delivery process.
- To work within established Company policies and procedures to address breaches of the SHE policies or management systems where necessary.
- Ensuring that any lessons learned and innovation are applied internally within the Wood T&D business.
- Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project cycle.
- Monitoring compliance with, and the monitoring of NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log, NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log with sub-contractors.
- Managing the Programme of Works, Quality Plan and Project Risk Register.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos demonstrating safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the: Health and Safety policy, Quality Policy and Environmental Policy.
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering qualification (Degree / HND / HNC) in Civil/Electrical Engineering or Construction and equivalent industry track record
- Recognised SHE qualification such as NEBOSH
- Project management qualification
- National Grid Authorisations
- Commercial and Contractual awareness
- Ability to lead and build project teams
- Be able to work away from home regularly and for prolonged periods
Skills and Experience:
- Full Knowledge and understanding of cable delivery and installation techniques, focussing on the programme and installation design requirements
- Experience of working in , and managing and delivering EHV cable installation projects at Project Manager level.
- Critical analysis of , technical and subcontract submissions
- Completing Tender documentation, and technical submissions
- Liaising with designers
- Attending client site visits and interpreting requirements
- Attending tender presentations, clarifying scope and presenting technical solutions where necessary
- Understanding of NEC3 contract options
- Hold a full driving licence
- Produce a negative result for the compulsory Drugs and Alcohol test
** Must have Proof or Right to Work within the European Union **
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.