Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Batam, Indonesia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Indonesia
- At least HND/HNC in Electrical / Electronic / Instrumentation Engineering.
- At least 5-10 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects.
- For Electrical, the Inspector shall demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the National Electric Code/NFPA 70, IEC or equivalent standards. Where inspection of Cathodic Protection equipment is required, the inspector shall be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of applicable requirements of NACE or equivalent corrosion standards.
- For Instrumentation, the Inspector shall be familiar with the international codes and standards related to Intrinsically Safe Systems and Electrical Systems for Instrumentation such as ISA RP12.6, ISA RP12.2.02, ISA TR12., ANSI MC96.1, IEEE 518, IEEE1100, IEC 60529, NEMA ICS 6, NEMA 250, NEMA VE 1, NEMA VE2, NFPA 70/NEC and UL 94. As a minimum, the Inspector shall be able to inspect complete loop checking, wiring continuity, color coding, and start-up
- For Telecommunication system, the Inspector shall demonstrate a through working knowledge of telecommunications, and be familiar with North American or International Telecommunications Standards; Building Industry Consulting Services International Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (BICSI-TDMM); National Electrical Codes; and National Electrical Safety Codes, or their equivalents
- Have knowledge of standard industrial communication protocol such as 4-20 mA and Foundation Fieldbus.
- Have knowledge of wiring and cabling system for field instrumentation.
- Have knowledge of electrical classification.
- Have knowledge of various types of cable, its application and installation / test requirements.
- Have knowledge of installation and testing practices for electrical, instrument, and telecom equipment.
- Familiar with the Flawless Project Delivery.
- Preferably familiar with Shell DEP specifications.
- Able to read and understand Drawings
- Understand Project Completion System.
- Able to issue and follow up Non Conformity Report.
- Able to carry out punching work for system completion.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.