Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port Moresby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently sourcing for Rigging/Scaffolding Foreman to join our team in PNG on a FIFO rotational basis. Reporting to the Rigging and Scaffolding Supervisor, this successful candidate will perform Scaffolding duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements. Ensure good housekeeping habits at all times and to maintain a safe worksite for yourself and fellow workers.
- Supervision of medium sized, multi skilled construction crews with multiple work assignments at one location
- Instructing the work crew on job scope and checking their work methods, output, punctuality, and job progress
- Implementing and maintaining a safe working environment adhering to correct work practices and procedures
- Working foreman with skills such as Pipefitter, Rigger, etc. Checking levels in scaffolding structures
- Dismantling scaffolding when they are no longer required.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years minimum experience as a rigger/scaffolder in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Demonstrated proficiency as a Leading Hand with a minimum of 4 years'
- experience in the role
- Certified to the British Standard (B.S.) Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), or equivalent, on scaffold erection. Intermediate Scaffolding minimum (Advanced preferred)
- Qualified in correct rigging necessary for the erection of structural steel, prefabricated piping spools, temporary facilities, scaffolding, pipe fittings, and valves
- Familiar and adept at erection and disassembling of scaffolding structures required to facilitate maintenance and modification activities
- Capable of leading a group of workers in the scaffold erection and dismantling activities
- Knowledgeable of and capable of implementing / supervising safe work practices
- Must demonstrate quality workmanship, reliability and versatility with experience in a variety of assigned general tasks.
At this time only PNG National candidates will be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Rigging/Scaffolding Foreman, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Wood team. You will become a part of a strong, global company. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it. That's the world of Wood, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.