Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Required to work with managers and other supervisors to organize and coordinate all shop activities and employees within the department to ensure efficient utilization of time and work order flow to deliver a product that is cost efficient and with highest quality. Integral part of JSA development and training. Produce simple through complex stamping and forming dies, jigs, and fixtures. Produce patterns and prototype parts for research and development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Have a working knowledge of the function of all production dies, jigs, and fixtures and to adjust, sharpen, or otherwise maintain them as required.
- Repair dies, jigs, and fixtures by inspecting and removing worn or broken parts, and machine replacement parts from engineering drawings, utilizing a wide variety of machine tools.
- Routinely produce new dies, jigs, and fixtures that are simple through complex in design, from engineering drawings, utilizing a full range of machine tools.
- Reproduction of replacement parts for machine tools and production machines.
- Responsibility for all machine tools.
- Good working knowledge of tool design and the ability to coordinate with engineering and production personnel.
- Supervise other tool & die personnel when required, including associated personnel paperwork.
- Available to work flexible schedules.
- Support plant's lean and safety initiatives.
- Support maintenance, repair and modification of equipment (as needed).
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work Assignments carried out to the highest quality level,
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Proficiency with the following: Surface grinders, die grinders, band saws, belt sanders, hydraulic presses, a wide variety of hand tools, precision measuring instruments, manual lathes, milling machines, die fillers and blue print reading.
- Operation of production machines.
- Working knowledge of shop math.
- Calculations of die clearances.
- Working knowledge of heat treat requirements for die steel
- Experience with shop math and able to read Blue Prints.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- High School Diploma / GED
- 5 years experience running a manual lathe in shop environment.