Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Modeling
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Clean Energy are looking to recruit a Senior Wind Energy Analyst to join their expanding team based in Hamburg.
This is a client facing role that would suit a highly numerate individual with a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analysis of wind and operational data, including SCADA, to predict the energy output of wind farm projects for a variety of clients, developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
In addition, review of third party energy yield assessment as part of due diligence assignments will be required. This activity requires a clear and demonstrable knowledge of industry standard energy yield assessment methodologies.
A variety of additional commercial and non-commercial wind analysis and due diligence based tasks will also be expected to advance and develop Wood's position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy services.
- Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data.
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models. Familiarity with Meteodyn and Ansys Wind Modeller software considered as an advantage.
- Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses.
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience.
- Management of projects and budgets.
- Client interfacing and relationship management.
- Due diligence of third party energy yield assessment reports.
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in an engineering consultancy/developer environment.
- Four or more years experience in a wind analysis related discipline.
- Software/programming skills (Python in particualr) experience are beneficial.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Willingness to travel (site visits, conferences, meetings).
- Wind flow modelling (Meteodyn and Ansys an advantage).
- Onshore & offshore wind.
- Operational energy yield assessment (SCADA).
- Degree in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, meteorology) - essential.
- Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline - desired.
- Skilled in MS Office incl. good MS Excel skills
- Fully fluent in German and English language.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.