London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Design Engineer, Planner / Scheduler, Supply & Distribution
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking to expand and develop its existing successful Transport, Planning and Design team within its Environment and Infrastructure Solutions business. We are looking for a dynamic team player to support the development of the Traffic and Highway Engineering capability. The role can be based in anyone of the following offices; London, Reading, Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Leamington Spa, Newcastle, Knutsford, Bristol or Leeds.
Key public and privte sector clients include organisations such as a range of Local Authorities, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes England, National Grid and private developers.
Your role will involve the design development of traffic engineering projects from feasibility, outline design through to detailed design and implementation. Your role will also be to support senior staff members in bid preparation and to develop and mentor junior staff. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Developing traffic engineering and sustainable transport projects from feasibility through to detailed design and implementation
- Supporting senior staff with the preparation of bids and fee proposals
- Preparing technical reports, drawings and be able to present to client/stakeholders
- Ensuring technical content and deliverables are in line with project briefs and Wood's Quality Management System
- Being a point of contact for client/stakeholder engagement
- Liaising and coordinating projects between disciplines and other Wood offices
- Undertaking health, safety and welfare and fulfil Designer duties under CDM 2015
Skills / Qualifications
- HND or degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience of AutoCAD, AutoTrack, KeySign, KeyLine, Microsoft applications
- Technical knowledge and experience in the assessment and design of traffic engineering projects
- Familiarity and knowledge of pavement materials, design and detailing of road improvement schemes in accordance with DMRB
- Experienced in the application of design standards and current good practice in scheme design and development. This includes but is not limited to; DMRB, TSRGD, LCDS, MfS2, Traffic Signs Manual
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and its application in scheme delivery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Local authority professional services framework experience
- Construction site supervision
- Highway design experience (Civils 3D, MX)
- Chartered or nearing chartered with a relevant professional institution
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.