Skills: Operations Management
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Worley Wind is currently looking to recruit an Operations Coordinator to join our business on a permanent basis based within our Great Yarmouth office.
Key aims and Responsibilities:
- Maintain technician's records of competencies/capabilities and issue to the technicians on a regular basis.
- Secure positions sent by the client, maximize revenue opportunities
- Liaise with the client regarding future work
- Cost awareness on projects spent, review regularly and proactively look at improvements to sots to be made
- Report to Head of the department on retainer and utilization
- Liaise with TMC to ensure a smooth transition and operation.
- Attend resource allocation planning meetings, site visits
- Submit technician training requests in line with project demands.
- Support the Technical Manager as and when required.
- Coordinate and approve where required expense claims, timesheet, holiday request for the travel team.
- Liaise with training department to ensure correct travel arrangements have been requested.
- Support members of the travel team with raising travel request and operational requirements.
- Point of contact for technicians with any queries/concerns.
- Support proposals team with any costing information required for tenders
Planning and Technical Support:
- Maintain technician's records of competences and capabilities.
- Operational planning and priorities client requests
- Attend Coordinators & planning meetings.
- Train Administrators how to complete a travel and accommodation requests
- Review and approve travel related invoices and technician expenses.
- Checking customer invoices and providing initial sign off
- Raise NOA`s
- Commercial awareness and implement when raising NOA`s and running a project
- Possessing a qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 is essential
- CMI level 3 or equivalent.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
Qualities and Aptitudes:
- Must be able to provide evidence of consistent and proven experience from within a similar role.
- Previous experience of renewable operations, labour planning client interface and project management is desirable.
- Resilient multi-tasker.
- Able to delegate responsibilities, prioritize workload and lead a team
- Able to organize and work with minimal supervision.
- Well-presented and business-like.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach in taking work issues forward.
- Able to get on with others and be a team player.
- The ability to provide an out of hours contact service as required by the business is essential.
- The ability to travel throughout the UK and overseas as required by the business is essential.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Effective communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Good Analytical and PC skills, including but not limited to full Microsoft office suite i.e. Word, Excel etc.
- To be able to use planning tools and TMC travel booking software