Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Compton, California, United States
Responsible for directing and implementing safety programs for the region including training, policies and procedures, safety practices, Basics to Success (BTS) program and other related duties. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Assists managers/supervisors in region with the Basics to Success (BTS) program which includes involvement in implementation, training, audits, and committee meetings; may conduct new hire orientation on BTS to insure process is understood
- Travels to locations in assigned territory
- Performs safety audits, visits, and environmental assessments for worksites
- Conducts training and retraining for new hires and existing employees
- Assists in managing injuries and accidents including doctor visits, ER, follow-up care, and accident investigations
- Participates in client required meetings, training, investigations, and evaluations
- Reports weekly and quarterly inspections of rig and yard audits
- Facilitates monthly safety meetings
- Gathers and disseminates incident details, near-misses, client and government recommendations and trends
- Frequent overnight travel to include nights and weekends on occasion
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- 1+ years of safety experience preferably in the oil & gas industry
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards regarding OSHA, DOT, and safety regulations
- Proficient general office and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee data and information
- Valid driver's license and acceptable MVR
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively and stay out of town as required
- Ability to multi-task
- 2+ years of college
- Professional safety certifications
- Long periods of sitting and standing may be necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Climbing and walking daily
- Driving daily to various locations
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
As part of the new FMCSA Clearinghouse rules that went into effect January 6th, 2020, all employers must run a full query of every prospective employee covered under FMCSA Clearinghouse prior to hiring the employee. If you've already registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, please be on the on the lookout for an approval request for a full query of your information from the FMCSA Clearinghouse on behalf of Basic Energy Services. If you are not registered in the FMCSA Clearinghouse, you will need to register in order to complete the full query approval request and continue the hiring process.
You can register at the following link:
Step-by-step instructions can be found here:
This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment