West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Skills: Inventory Control, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy, Inc. headquartered in Juno Beach, FL is a leading clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity. We own two electric companies: Florida Power & Light Company, which is the largest rate regulated utility company in the United States and Gulf Power Company, which serves customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida.
We are seeking an Inventory Services Supervisor to join our Integrated Supplier Chain Team in Florida. This position is responsible for the leadership and supervision of a team of fourteen (14) employees located at twelve (12) Warehouses within Power Delivery Distribution Service Centers in the Palm Beach and Treasure Coast areas.
This position manages one or more warehouses, supervises employees, appraises performance, and prepares budgets. Employees in this role supervise employees and / or other personnel supporting the inventory management function, including receipt inspection. Successful candidates provide a safe work environment for employees, and promote a positive safety culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coaches and directs the inventory management team, to drive down the total cost of ownership and increase business unit (BU) productivity
- Communicates with customers and contractors through various activities, including receiving, warehousing, shipping, material issues/returns
- Interacts with the supplier community and industry analysts
- Manages and inventories assets, in accordance with Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) policies, practices and procedures
- Maintains relationships with business units, to facilitate understanding of business requirements
- Interacts with assigned operating business units, legal experts, and other ISC personnel
- Ensures all required safety training and resources are provided
- Enforces adherence to local safety policies and practices, including scheduling safety meetings, holding pre-job briefings, and conducting safety stand downs
- Increases efficiency by continually improving the inventory management process, driving standardization of common items, and eliminating waste
- Provides key recommendations concerning personnel selection and inventory management strategy, and assumes budget responsibility
- Leads development of department personnel
- Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental regulations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience:5+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Bachelor's - Sciences
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 1+ year
- DOT Hazmat Trng Accordnce 49 CFR 172.704
- Industrialized Powered Forklift Qual
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment: Sustainability, Power Systems, Energy