NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific DescriptionAbout Us
, a subsidiary of Nextera Energy, is a data science and software company based in San Francisco, CA. eIQ Mobility is the leading software provider of fleet electrification solutions, building the most trusted platform that drives vehicle fleets into a smart, electric, and cost-effective future. eIQ Mobility was founded in 2018 in response to the unique roadblocks that corporate and public fleet leaders face in electrifying their vehicles, starting with identifying 'where and how' to electrify. To date, eIQ Mobility has assessed 70,000+ vehicles for EV feasibility for Fortune 500 companies, EV manufacturers, utilities and public fleets.Role Description
As Software Engineer you will work collaboratively with other members of the product team, work through user stories, and support products as they evolve. You will support the design, development of our flagship, cloud-based, software platform. You will ensure that the solution is scalable, reliable, and secure while ensuring achievement of desired business objectives. As Software Engineer, you may be involved in customer data integration, product configuration, and setup activities.You demonstrate a steadfast customer focus and a collaborative mindset. You embrace innovation, challenging work, and get excited about building things from the ground up. Responsibilities
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Analyze business/product requirements and convert to engineering design specs to support the design and development of the platform.
- Develop robust and scalable algorithms, modules, services, applications, etc. in support of the overall business objectives.
- Support prototype and proof-of-concept work without losing focus on the big picture architecture.
- Develop testing, deployment, and monitoring scripts to support technology infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain platform documentation.
- Able to communicate complex technologies in a simple manner to all teams, including non-technical.
Bonus Qualifications & Characteristics
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience
- Experience building enterprise scale applications on one, or more, major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.). Prior experience with GCP is preferred.
- Experience with object-oriented software design
- Experience with microservices frameworks in Python (e.g., Falcon, Flask)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in a continuous integration/ continuous deployment (CICD) workflow
- Experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience working with message brokers (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ or similar)
- Experience working with React or AngularJS
- Ability to work and adapt to aggressive and dynamic objectives as well as flexibility to take on multiple responsibilities on a small team.
- An innovator that seeks novel, and scalable, approaches to solve customer pain. Strong focus on customer experience with discipline to secure on-time releases.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- UI/UX design experience
- Passion for clean-tech
This position writes and tests software to aid in development and support of products. Individuals in this role work with Technical Leads on software system architecture and module design and typically gains experience acting as the owner of a complete module in the system. This position participates in required product development process ceremonies. Employees in this role are responsible for writing and refining technical requirements and technical design documentation.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Codes in multiple languages in support of software products and the development of software products
- Conducts system testing and codes unit tests and support features
- Documents technical requirement and other technical documentation
- Works with product team to refine product requirements
- Collaborates on high level software design projects
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsEmployee Group:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 2+ years
Science, Research, and Technology
NextEra Project Mgmt
San Francisco, California
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-EANearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: