NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific DescriptionJob Overview
The purpose of this position is to apply engineering principles to support nuclear plant process systems, digital systems, computer data acquisition systems, and control systems. Develops, tests, and maintains computer based solutions to support the plant systems. Manages computer servers, networks, and storage devices. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, and supports nuclear plant process computer systems and digital systems;
- Designs and implements complex software testing procedures for plant process and digital computer systems;
- Performs analysis and evaluation of computer software development and testing; performs troubleshooting of problems and develops and implements solutions;
- Writes computer interface programs;
- Monitors system performance and system health; recommends performance improvements;
- Applies software support for historical data systems;
- Provides software support for historical data systems;
- Develops specific procedures to support station operation and testing activities;
- Identifies and resolves computer hardware and software problems;
- Acts as liaison with nuclear regulatory agencies, vendors, and contractors on matters relating to computer engineering;
- Ability to work extended hours and to be accessible off-hours, and
- Knowledge of cyber security controls and their applicability to digital control systems.
Preferred QualificationEmployee Group:
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
NextEra Point Beach
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy