Skills: Drilling Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, United Kingdom
At least ten (10) years of mixed planning and rig site experience including well design and well operations.
Five (5) years experience in mid to deep water drilling.
- delivering safe and environmentally sound drilling engineering solutions (on time and within budget)
- working with team to ensure delivery of new well designs and programs
- assuring technical integrity of the operations and compliance with project standards
- coordinating and maintaining the elements of the Well Delivery Process
- reviewing drilling programs and recommending improvement and optimization
- Supervising engineering and operational teams during the drilling phase
- Sourcing appropriate services and suppliers for drilling operations drilling contracts, administration and identification of future contract requirements
- IWCF Well Control level 4 certified or equivalent
Soft Skills required
- excellent numerical and IT skills
- analytical and problem solving skills
- ability to manage, prioritize and execute multiple simultaneous projects with minimal direction
- monitor and coach staff and contractors
- ability to coach, train and mentor staff
- good interpersonal and communication skills that will allow to communicate and exchange technical opinions with other staff (internally and externally)
- ability to work in a matrix environment and on cross-functional teams
- excellent English speaking-listening-writing skills
- attention to detail
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.