London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 232139
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/25/2021
CityFibrehas started on an ambitious rollout ofFibreto the Home ( https://www.cityfibre.com/gigabit-cities/ ) acrossEngland, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland( https://www.cityfibre.com/residential/ ). Theyare in need ofaDelivery Partner who can support the scaling-up of their capability andthe management of multiple work sites, contractors and stakeholders.
Initially the intent is to provide ateam to augment theCityFibreteam at an Enterprise level (known as Wave 1). The Wave 1 mission will be to support at thecore of the businessfocusing on Scalingthe client'sorganisationto meet the uptick infibreinstallationwork;the Project Management Office (PMO)and Reporting and Analytics. In addition,weexpecttodeployresources into the ongoingArea Build Teams(Wave 2)to enhance the existing delivery organization, plus a core function to up-skill theCityFibreand supply chain partners before and during contract execution.
The engagement will allow the client to build capability in a sustainable manner, that allows them to meet the demands of their ambitious rolloutprogramme.
- Leads the strategic development of the delivery organization in a designated area by (1) establishing and maintaining important executive relationships with the Client organization in that Area and (2) providing technical input and direction to the various direct reports within the organization in the designated Area
- Reviews area project plans/schedules/budgets during the scaling phase.
- Maintains frequent communication with the Scaling and Mobilisation Lead informing on progress and status of scaling efforts with respect to procurement of work, organizational set-up and client satisfaction, providing leadership and direction in the resolution of problems.
- Formulates and recommends policies, plans, programs and procedures for project operations.
- Directs all of the area Scaling Office activities and evaluates results against established objectives and policies; initiates corrective action when necessary.
- Ensures performance reviews and objective setting are conducted on staff in accordance with established schedule, and the team have adequate and appropriate training.
- Allocates tasks and delegates responsibilities to project team members, ensuring effective personnel utilisation. Motivates and manages staff to ensuring that a culture of accountability and inclusivity is upheld and that effective inter-project communication occurs.
- Substantial experience in delivery of major infrastructure projects in active urban environments with multiple stakeholders (telecom / fibre experience preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of the Bechtel organizational structure, policies and operations.
- Substantial experience and proficiency in successfully leading teams.
- Substantial experience business development, contracts negotiations. project planning, operations, office administration, general management and supervision.
- Skilled in written and oral communications adequate for use at the executive level.
The job title for this position is subject to change through contract negotiation and will be mapped across to the customer's preferred title upon final selection.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.