Requisition ID: 232140 Requisition Posting End Date: 01/25/2021 Project Description:
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provided enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF Project has multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime and/or nightshift when a business need arises. The core construction working hours are between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Work schedule and overtime are to be approved in advance by supervisors.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete a security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable. Role Overview:
Provides expertise, advice, and direction for project and field materials management activities to ensure the overall organizational effectiveness among all functions responsible for the materials management process. Establishes policy and monitors and approves the development of execution plans involving automated and manual material management and inventory control systems. Plans, directs, coordinates, and monitors personnel actions for material management staff.
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Field Procurement Manager.
- Receives functional guidance from the global business unit Manager of Procurement.
- Provides operational direction to personnel assigned to the project materials management group, both in the project and field offices. Includes both materials coordination and materials planning.
- Maintains direct working relationships with Project Management, Project and Field Engineering, Construction, Project Controls, Project and Field Procurement personnel, and the Customer to ensure mutual understanding, development, and attainment of objectives, plans, and requirements for materials management of the project.
- Maintains contacts with client personnel as authorized and/or directed by the Project Field Procurement Manager.
- Reviews the initial master schedule, detailed timing and sequence of each functional group, and actual progress of each group to confirm that materials meet required delivery dates. Reviews any schedule revisions for impacts and participates in the development of contingency planning.
- Ensures adherence to the project execution plan and that key activities are performed in the right sequence.
- Coordinates the project plan for identifying major equipment and bulk materials with Engineering. Identifies what information can be imported from Engineering programs, and that tag numbers are compatible with the automation program fields.
- Ensures that items on the equipment list have been identified for requisition and purchase, and that requisition issue dates support project detail schedules. Monitors Engineering progress in the preparation and issuance of material requisitions.
- Issues the material responsibility matrix to reflect the agreed division of functional responsibilities for material activities among project, support, and field offices.
- Interfaces between Construction and Procurement to identify, requisition and establish delivery dates for material requirements resulting from design changes, rework, contingency/workarounds, scope changes, or materials missed in Engineering takeoffs.
- Monitors Procurement reports and activities to ensure that purchasing and expediting are working effectively to maintain milestone schedule dates.
- Reviews plans at the job site for the adequacy of material warehousing, maintenance, control and handling. Ensures efficiency of all material issue to Construction.
- Coordinates with Construction and Field Procurement the plans for material identification, material availability in support of installation plans, and equipment requiring special handling at the site.
- Formulates specialized training and career development programs necessary to assure that all assigned material management personnel are properly trained and qualified.
- Prepares annual reviews regarding performance for assigned Material Planners and Coordinators.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of work-hour estimates and organizational charts for the project and obtains management approval. Establishes long-range personnel requirements and coordinates timely staffing of positions. Monitors personnel utilization throughout the duration of the project.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional related work experience.
- Prior Experience in Materials Management on a medium to large-sized project.
- Solid Knowledge and previous experience in Materials Management Operations and project planning.
- Bachelor's degree and 13 years of professional related work experience, or in lieu of degree, 19 years of progressive, related work experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the work site.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management and 5 years of professional related work experience in Materials Management.
- Prior Bechtel Leadership experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all Material Management operations related to the management of materials at the area, regional, temporary and job site office locations.
- Thorough understanding of Bechtel Material Management concepts and tools including expert proficiency using the Lookahead Viewer.
- Able to work with Engineering and Systems Automation to ensure all required data exchanges are fully implemented and tested.
- Advanced knowledge in Field Engineering and Construction activities, and knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures related to materials management functions.
- Knowledge of NQA-1, Part I and Part II.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Bechtel policies, instructions, and Procurement procedures and guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of the Bechtel Procurement System (BPS), and related engineering and other project data systems that interface with BPS.
- Prior experience in major global, direct hire and contract management projects, which include Engineering, Procurement and material control activities.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.