Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Job Title : Well Test Engineer
Purpose of Position:
Provide in-house expertise in planning and execution of Well Testing operations. Candidate will perform detailed engineering, planning and offshore execution support of the Drill Stem Tests to ensure our client achieves safe, high quality and cost effective Well Test.
Prefer 28 days on - 28 days off rotation schedule; Alternate work schedules may be considered on case by case basis. Role will be office (Doha) based during planning and offshore based during DST and Well Test operations.
Education / Experience Required:
- Diploma from an accredited and recognized Polytechnical Institute.
- Greater than 8 years DST / Well Testing experience. Offshore and DST experience on gas wells is required.
- Thorough knowledge of DST and surface well tesing operations and equipment. Candidate shall be abreast of latest technology and practices in surface and down hole equipment. Candidate must be capable of making realtime operations decisions based on data observed at rigsite.
- Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with hydrogen sulfide well designs and safety practices. Mandatory SHE training includes HUET, H2S level 2. Must be capable of passing offshore medical evaluation.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Able to communicate/liaise with multi-national crews.
Education / Experience Preferred:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering from an accredited and recognized university.
- Prior experience working with:
- Acoustic telemetry technology (e.g. Metrol or SLB Muzic)
- High rate / sour gas experience preferred
- Prior experience with Carbonate stimulations preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.