London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Technical Manager, Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our Regulation team, taking a leadership role in the delivery of our existing portfolio of industry and waste sector regulation and permitting projects and supporting the implementation of our growth plans.
The Regulation Team is part of our UK and Europe engineering and environmental business , that has an established track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients being delivered in collaboration with Wood's engineering and environmental technical experts .
Wood is seeking a high calibre candidate who has an informed and practical understanding of industry and waste sectors and their relevant regulatory regimes. Particular expertise is required in determining and interpreting Installation and Waste Management environmental permitting requirements for combustion, energy and waste activities .
This role will also provide the opportunity for innovation as Wood explores opportunities in energy diversification, hydrogen and decarbonisation.
With numerous offices around the UK (including London, Scotland, Reading, Bristol, Leamington, Leeds, Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Knutsford and Newcastle), for the right candidate the location of this role can be flexible.
Skills / Qualifications
You will be leading and providing technical input to Regulation and Permitting projects in the UK and overseas (overseas travels may be required) , enhancing our service offering to prospective clients in an evolving market . You will be required to:
- Undertake business development activities, prepare proposals and develop and maintain client relationships .
- Manag e and author Environmental Permit applications, associated technical reports and support other regulatory submissions .
- Collaborate with others in the wider Wood team to support the delivery of strategic and major infrastructure projects .
- Manage regulation projects on a technical and financial basis.
- Carry out q uality control on active projects as per ISO standards.
- Write and review r eport s .
- Assist with the training and development of junior team members.
- Take responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of staff reporting to you and working on your projects.
Skills / Experience:
Working within a well-established team of permitting and regulation specialists, the successful candidate will have demonstrable experience, leading and delivering regulatory and compliance services to clients in the combustion, energy and waste sectors working on projects of varying scales and complexities.
- You will have a detailed understanding of environmental issues and commercial challenges facing clients in the combustion, power and waste sectors (and industry more broadly), together with a detailed understanding of relevant legal and regulatory regimes .
- You will have competence and capability in determining regulatory compliance requirements for projects and identifying innovative solutions that meet client and the Regulator's requirements .
- You will have an analytical mind and a technically robust understanding of combustion, energy and waste treatment technologies and innovative technologies emerging in these sectors, gained through experience acquired in operations, consultancy and / or regulation .
- You will have detailed, practical understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements for the sectors outlined above and in particular Installation and Waste Management Environmental Permitting .
- You will have demonstrable experience managing and authoring Installation and Waste Management Environmental Permit applications and Best Available Techniques assessments and justifications for projects of varying scales and complexities .
- You will have experience of E nvironmental Impact A ssessment , including an awareness of underpinning assessment and modelling approaches , required in support of permit applications .
- You will be confident in your verbal and written communication skills with experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- You will have experience of b usiness development and proposal writing.
- You will have a Full UK driving license .
- Experience as a regulator or leading on regulator engagement .
- Exper ience of a consultancy environment.
- Experience of international work.
- First degree in a relevant scientific subject or engineering.
- S econd relevant degree.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.