Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port Moresby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently sourcing a Senior Construction Engineer to join our team in PNG and based at the LNG Plant on rotational basis. To successfully execute this role, you will demonstrate strong leadership skills and ensure that all within the project are aligned to a common goal, delivering performance objectives in a safe and timely manner.
Reporting to the Construction Coordinator, the Senior Construction Engineer will be responsible for construction engineering interface with Head office and coordination of related support activities pertaining directly to the projects. Identifying and turning needs into actionable activities by field execution crews or engineering.
- Interface with Contractor's Project and Discipline Engineers, Contractor's Construction personnel and Company's Operations personnel to develop construction work plans
- Coordination and organizing of site-based field engineering team
- Coordination and Provision of Construction estimates in collaboration with the Superintendents
- Input into the work break down structure for each project as documented in the Project Execution Plans (work break downs structure shall be implemented at the start of the detailed design phase - in strong collaboration with the applicable Construction Superintendent)
- Work pack planning and consistent schedule representation across all Projects
- Interfacing with engineering office to ensure efficient expediting of work packs both through the engineering phases, and through the QA checking process (after the completion of works)
- Sets and maintains the quality of the work packs, formats, contents and how they are used
- Integration of materials (work pack MTO's and AFC source documents)
- Input into Planning and Execution of work / resource management of the job carders
- Construction input into the Project and Engineering Design (leveraging site expertise as appropriate)
- Work actively with construction teams and Construction Coordinator to execute the scope safety and effectively
- Sets clear expectations for their teams, communicate organisation roles and responsibilities, and provide ongoing coaching and support
- Provides consistent, visible leadership to ensure strong individual and construction engineering team motivation and productivity
- Liaises with Wood and other project and construction leaders to ensure business unit keeps abreast of best practices
- Develops targets and priorities for continuous improvement of the Engineering and Procurement / Construction interface
- Takes responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Actively works with functional managers to ensure the overall business delivers projects in line with its commitments
- Promotes the principles of fairness and equity in line with the company's stated core values
- Sets an outstanding example by modelling desired behaviours, including safety behaviours
- Follows relevant procedures. Keeps sight of what organisational processes are there to achieve
- Measures, monitors and reports on construction productivity / project budgets so this is efficiently managed
- Ensures technical information systems achieve an optimum business outcome balancing business unit short-term, long-term, and Wood corporate needs.
Skills / Qualifications
- 12 years minimum experience within Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- At least 8 years in a construction engineer role preferred
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc/ M.Sc/ B.Eng) and eligible for membership of an internationally accepted applicable professional Institute. e.g. IET, Engineers Australia
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with the equipment found in a typical oil and gas producing / shipping facility
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with project / design and construction personnel
- Demonstrated ability to specify field requirements to engineering in order to execute field work.
At this time only PNG National candidates will be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Senior Construction Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.