Skills: Fitter / Turner, Welding
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for SMP Fitter/ Welder to join our team in Moro, Papua New Guinea on a Fly in Fly Out rotational schedule to perform Welder / Fitter duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements. Ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for yourself and fellow workers.
- To understand and adhere to Step back 5 x 5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Work to and guide crew through Permit System
- Ensure all JSA's (Job Safety Analysis) are reviewed and understood and all associated paperwork is satisfactorily completed to permit and WOOD Quality Assurance requirements
- Maintain good conduct and work harmoniously with other employees using fundamental interpersonal skills required of the work setting
- Plan all work, taking into account all changing conditions and to report progress accurately
- Read and understand all detailed drawings including isometric, lay out and P &ID's or specification to plan and complete task and ascertain the material and equipment required
- Applying appropriate welding methods to attach part or assemble, structural steel, equipment or pipework, including pipe supports and brackets to specific test standards
- Modifications/rectifications of pre-fabricated modules
- Selecting, setting up and operating hand tools and welding equipment
- Able to be assigned work independently in remote locations with various groups of mechanical trades.
Skills / Qualifications
- Oil & Gas facility welding (structural, piping)
- Qualified, certified and knowledgeable in the installation of piping and structural steel in accordance with the codes applicable to the services being performed
- Qualified for all welding codes and positions being used in these services
- 8 years minimum experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Familiar with the various grades of steel
- Experienced in general hookup services of production and processing facilities as well as refit and modifications to existing piping facilities
- Good working knowledge of welding and piping codes and the ability to read construction drawings
- Capable of welding in accordance with the procedures of the latest editions of the following codes or their equivalent
- ASME SECTION V Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- ASME SECTION IX Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- ASME SECTION VIII DIV I Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- ANSI 31.3 Chemical Plant and Refinery Piping
- AWS DI.I Structural Welding
- API 1 104 Standard for Welding Pipelines and related facilities
- Experienced in Code welding and qualifying weld procedure specifications
- Complete working knowledge of welding positions, filler metals, base metals, joint preparations, welding techniques, preheat and post heat, electrical characteristics, back gouging and essential variables applicable to the welding code.
PNG citizenship required.
If you're an experienced SMP Fitter/Welder, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.