Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The Global Manufacturing Technical Development Manager will act as the strategic business partner for the function to develop and implement a talent pipeline focusing on Manufacturing and Quality Engineering skillsets that will deliver greater efficiencies and improved quality performance across all Manufacturing locations. The role will also be responsible for building and implementing the functions technical competency programme and will liaise with the Global Talent Centre of Excellence team to align the delivery of soft skill and leadership training as well. Duties & Responsibilities
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains safety and service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies and procedures, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices
- Engages with function leadership to understand business strategy in order to align the requirements of the Manufacturing & Quality Engineering program
- Responsible for the design and management of the Engineering Programme
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the functions technical competency programme incorporating manufacturing operations, safety, quality and Weatherford core components
- Establish an agreed set of performance metrics for both the Engineering and the Competency Programmes
- Responsible for regular reporting on competency levels, progress, shortfalls and identify improvements as required
- Responsible for regular reporting on the progress of Engineering programme participants
- Liaise with Talent Acquisition team to organise and implement necessary recruitment activities both externally and internally to identify candidates for the Engineering programme
- Develop Career Paths for the different positions within the function
- Liaise with the Talent Development team to develop necessary training curriculum to support both the Competency and Engineering programmes as well as soft skill and leadership skills throughout the function
- Engages and collaborates with the Infrastructure team to plan, develop and execute the training and competency curriculum.
- Liase with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create Instructor Lead Training (ILT) and Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Maintains effective level of communication with all key stakeholders to ensure the programme's rotational assignments are planned in advance, participants and line management are aware and can conclude necessary activities on time
- Engage with education establishments on a regular basis to generate interest in the Engineering programme and participates in recruitment activities as required to establish candidate pipeline
- Responsible for the overall management of the Engineering Programme and that it operates within or under budget
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Directors / Plant Managers to ensure all employees complete their Company designated training and competency programs
- Acts as coach & mentor to Engineering Programme participants
- Supports the performance management program and quarterly conversations
- Where necessary identifies performance improvement opportunities and engages with programme participant accordingly with the support of the HR Business Partner
- As required participates with leadership in the Talent Assessment programmes
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Identify process opportunities and make recommendations for innovative solutions, training or corrective actions to achieve desirable results.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- Legally authorized to work
- Minimum 6 + years of experience in Manufacturing, Training or similar position
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other language relevant in local hub
- Intermediate Excel user
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 8 + years of experience in a Manufacturing / Training position
- Experience in working across various functions, businesses and regions
- Solid knowledge of Manufacturing
- Strong analytical , negotiation and communication skills
- Display impeccable time-management, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Proficient in MS Office suite , specifically Excel, MS Forms, PowerBI and SharePoint
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task with proven record of meeting deadlines
- Must be flexible with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment and quickly adapt to operational requirements
- Excellent Customer Service