NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator, is currently looking for a Permit to Work Coordinator for a contract role March 2021-December 2021 in Fort McMurray. This is a camp job working on a 14/14 with flights from Calgary or Edmonton.
The Permit to Work Coordinator focuses on coordination of field executed work during the commissioning phase for all equipment under commissioning control. The Permit to Work Coordinator is responsible for the issuance, recording, suspension and tracking of permits. The Permit to Work (PTW) Coordinator will lead the PTW team and ensure all PTW personnel are following the PTW Procedure. Job Details:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Work Management Systems and permitting practices as well as the tasks relating to commissioning and start-up of the facility • Collaboration with the work force to ensure requirements for safe execution of work are clearly understood and adhered to
- Leadership to ensure project priorities of safety, quality, and schedule are achieved; includes a high level of assertiveness to ensure effective communication and control of permitting processes
- Check that all complementary/supporting documents such as process, electrical and mechanical isolations required are available to ensure that the work can be performed safely.
- Develop and use a work permit tracking system for all permits issued on site.
- Record the demands through the work permit tracking system to ensure the daily delivery of validated permits and closure of work permits on completion of job.
- Gather all relevant information required to prepare the statistical reports which are needed to monitor and to analyze the activities.
- Control the number of hot work permits on site specified limits and ensure a designated Safety Watch is assigned to all high risk activities including naked flame hot work.
• 20+ years' of closely related professional experience
• Discipline appropriate certification(s), or equivalent professional experience
• Proficient in Work Management Systems
• Demonstrated leadership skills through previous supervisory position, team leader position, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely track active work and communicate with permit holders, PIC, area authorities & isolation authorities
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Knowledgeable of typical Work Management Systems, Commissioning activities and typical safe guards necessary for energy isolation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.