Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Marketing Communications Manager. This role can be based in any US location that Wood has a major office.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
The Marketing Communications (MarComms) Manager is an integral part of the Business Unit (BU) marketing and communications team responsible for all aspects of external and internal marcomms for Wood's business in the Americas. Enabled by strong relationships and a deep-rooted business understanding, they develop and deliver imaginative, impactful, meaningful, tailored and timely content in support of BU and global Wood communications campaigns both interna l ly and external l y.
Working as a communications and marketing business partner to the business unit and functional leadership team, the role holder will plan and create a clear and engaging employee communications and content marketing plan that positions, protects and promotes the Wood brand in relevant markets supporting Wood's global strategy, BU marcomms, and the businesses objectives.
The role demands an experienced, highly motivated, engaging, persuasive individual that can take ownership of the marcomms messages, helping to drive employee engagement, brand awareness and increased sales through consistent and effective internal communications, content led marketing campaigns and proactive external communications.
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent in a Marketing, Communications or related field
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a communications and/or marketing role, preferably within the energy industry
- Experience in a B2B marketing & communications environment
- Knowledge of communication and marketing methods and channels relevant to a large, complex organization , with demonstrable experience using a multi-channel strategy including but not limited to management of print, online, apps, email, media, social media, webinars, blogs, events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Highly experienced in media and issues management
- Knowledge of market and industry trends
- Experience and knowledge of digital marketing channels, measurement tools and metrics, best practices and trends
- Content development, creative writing, concept development and examples of published work
- Experience in campaign delivery and measurement
- Skills in research, data gathering and analysis
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.