Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Climate, Resilience and Sustainability Professional, within our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group, to champion the continuous growth of our climate resilience and sustainability markets. As an intermediate practitioner, you will be an integral part of our team and will actively participate as an advisor and mentor with multi-disciplinary regional and national teams, leading projects to assess the impacts of climate change on the built environment and the risks on infrastructure, public services and ultimately the community. Work location is flexible within Canada.
Starting your career at Wood
Our business is evolving at an incredible pace creating awesome career opportunities for those taking the first big step of their career journey. We constantly embrace change and never stand still; as a result, we are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees.
At Wood your career journey will be one of learning, discovery and development. You will drive your own career, get involved in the action from the word go, take on complex challenges and share innovative ways of working to enhance the performance of our customers. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organization that truly cares about industry challenges and to making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
Wood is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment. We recognize that each of us has many different diverse traits which shape our view of the world, our perspective and our approach.
- Lead or support the delivery of resilience and sustainability assessments for public and private clients
- Provide direction to complex resilience and sustainability projects and proposals
- Support business development activities and contribute to growing new climate and sustainability services. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical and financial proposals, and take an active role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Collaborate with all national business lines within Wood providing climate resilience advisory services to other teams or on projects outside of the CRS team;
- Collaborate with climate mitigation experts, integrating low-carbon solutions to our resilience and sustainability offerings
- Lead on research or thought leadership to advance a resilient and sustainable Canada.
- Contribute to Wood's sustainable infrastructure global mega-trend.
- Support research and identifying existing climate resilience and sustainability opportunities for on-going projects across all major sectors
- Serve as a key member of the practice team to drive profitable growth of Wood's resilience and sustainability services across Canada and abroad.
- Initiate and participate in and manage projects to identify the nature of risks and severity of impacts to the built environment in a life cycle process that is included in asset management plans.
- Perform assessments of the vulnerabilities of various assets including infrastructure, facilities and buildings to climate change and detailed risk assessments through more detailed engineering analysis. Experience with Climate Lens Assessments and PIEVC Protocol specific assessments will be an asset.
- Participate in capacity development and training for climate risks assessments to audiences of varied technical and non-technical background, and of various sizes from small groups of less than ten people to large audiences of more than 50 people.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduated from an advanced university program focusing on climate, resilience and/or sustainability
- Professional engineering license preferred
- 5-10 years of experience, which must include a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in climate related fields, with technical competencies in design and/or operations of infrastructure in the public and/or private sectors.
- Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities
- You possess an appetite to learn and a willingness to jump in for on-the-job training.
- Strong research, analytical, data management and project management skills to accurately analyze and compile information used for reports and project development/planning.
- Ability to effectively communicate, to varied audiences in both oral and written English and ability to adjust content when appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize work demands and respond effectively to work assignments in a busy office environment.
- Experience completing climate vulnerability assessments using ISO 31000 compliant methods such as the PIEVC Protocol.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with CDP reporting, SBTi and TCFD is considered an asset
- Although current pandemic circumstances are limiting travel for the foreseeable future, a valid Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle, will become a requirement as travel restrictions ease. Similarly, a valid Government of Canada passport will be required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.