Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sydney C B D, Australia
Principal Civil/Structural Engineer - New South Wales Infrastructure project
Location: Sydney, Australia
Working week: 40 - 45 Hours / Week (Monday to Friday)
Travel Requirement: Domestic Travel
Salary and Package:Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Fringe Benefits
A multidisciplinary international design and engineering consultancy firm.
This companies provide engineering and technical solutions to clients on major engineering construction projects worldwide.
They are involved in schemes throughout the lifecycle of their projects - from inception through to handover - their scope of work includes design development, planning, detailed design, FEED, value engineering; technical advisory; and construction supervision services.
The company's origins date back to the early 1800's, making them one of the oldest civil engineering consultancy companies in the UK. They have just opened an office in Australia off the back off winning a large project to be part of Australia's biggest transport infrastructure upgrade. This is a massive opportunity to get in at the ground level with a company with a history of securing work on mega projects globally.
• Lead, Project manage and undertake assignments in Australia and internationally.
• Working knowledge of structural processes and design, with particular emphasis on data interpretation, design and analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling.
• Undertake structural design and analysis using across a broad range of structural types and using various international standards.
• Act as a line manager being involved in resourcing, recruitment, training and mentoring and coaching.
• Structural analysis/finite element software and familiar with projects with 3D BIM.
• Coordinate design as part of an internal team and liaise with external associated professionals and our clients.
• Degree Qualified in a relevant discipline i.e. Civil or Structural
• 10 years' experience minimum
• Preferably already Chartered with Engineers Australia, but if not yet then capable of becoming so (i.e. qualifications etc are acceptable).
• Recent bridge design experience in NSW (2018 onwards when the new 2018 Australian standards were issued)
• Working knowledge of structural processes and design, with particular emphasis on data interpretation, design and analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling
• Computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in common materials (steel, concrete, composite, fibre reinforced concrete and CFRP)
• Structural analysis/finite element software and familiarity managing projects with 3D BIM
• Managing projects, with a track record of delivering for your clients
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!